Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fabric Box

Hi there! I am excited to show you this cute little fabric box I made over the weekend.  A few weeks ago my mom made a bunch of these and gave me one! I was so smitten with these little boxes--I told her she had to show me how to make one.  Well I finally had the chance to visit her last weekend and she helped me make this charming little box:




It was so easy to put together, and only took about an hour to complete! I love projects like that!  It is so satisfying to start and finish something in an hour or less.  

And I actually used some leftover scraps I had from the Pickup Line Bundle! So I have literally gotten two quilts -- (Hidden Star, and the Irish Chain we are working on right now!)  and now a fabric box from one bundle! 


The tutorial that we followed, was very clear and had great instructions.  We did change the size of this box here though.  Instead of using a 10" square, we used an 8" square.  


I also decided to quilt this following the chevron lines.  My mom came up with the idea, and I thought it would be perfect for this chevron print by Michael Miller! :) 

 Here is the inside--I love this fun dot print by Michael Miller



Like I said, the box is jut a little thing and measures 2.5" high.

I decided to put all my basting pins in the box--they fit perfectly!


If you want to make one of these little beauties yourself, you can find the tutorial I used here!

Also, I just wanted to mention that the shop is having a huge sale on already marked down items!!!


This is a fantastic deal and a great time to stock up on some of your favorite fabrics that are on sale! :)



Talk to you soon,


Making Monday Marvelous  Masterpiece Monday  Design Wall Monday by Patchwork Times  Blossom Heart Quilts*Show and Tell Tuesday by Fresh Squeezed FabricsTuesday by Free Motion by the River *Fabric Tuesday by A Quilt Story  *Mandy's Recipe Box Tuesday *Time To Sparkle *Wow Me Wednesday at Polkadots on Parade Whimsy Wednesday at The NY Melrose Family *Wip Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Sew Fresh Quilts  Let's Bee Social Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Cottage *We Did It Wednesday! at Sew Much Ado Needle and Thread Thursday by My Quilt Infatuation *Really Random Thursday by Live a Colorful Life Thursday Threads by 627Handworks * I Quilt by Pretty BobbinsLink Party Palooza at Today's Creative Blog

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I made one of these but tried to follow another person's modification to it. I didn't end up with that person's design but something totally different, yet cool . . . an oddly interesting shape mine was.

Angie in SoCal said...

Very cute box - would make a good Christmas gift. THanks!

Live a Colorful Life said...

SO cute!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Thanks for the idea! I am sew going to make some of these! Love the chevron quilting. Your pictures are great. Love the shot of the box upside down!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

SO cute! These would make cute little gifts!

I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...