Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hot Apple Cider

Hi there!  I have a little something different to share with you today! Something other than fabric! :) 

My first love was baking, cooking, and well let's face it...eating! :) So I thought it would be fun to start sharing some of my favorite recipes with you all! 

I have been fighting a nasty cold on and off for about 3 weeks now...and I just can't seem to kick it! Well, this morning I woke up and was craving a hot drink that might help make me feel a little better. I remembered this Hot Apple Cider recipe I came across a few years back and thought it sounded delicious!  I have it simmering on the stove now, and I'm sipping on a cup right now as I write this! :) 



I got this recipe from a Kraft Magazine years ago:

Hot Apple Cider

1 Gallon of Apple Cider
1 tub of "sunrise" crystal light 
4 cinnamon sticks
2 tsp whole cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Put all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 20 minutes and then remove your cinnamon sticks and cloves and enjoy!

This is such a yummy hot drink, and is making my cold just a tad bit better! :) This makes an awesome holiday drink to share at your holiday parties! :)  It is also delicious is you drizzle caramel in your cup and add some whipped cream--it almost tastes like apple pie! Mmmm! 

Talk to you soon!




1 comment:

Kathy said...

Yum! Thank you for this treat! It sounds perfect for a sub-zero evening! Hope you feel better. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...