Sunday, January 25, 2015

Valentine's Day Stitchable {Free Pattern}

Hi there! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Today I have another embroidery project for you.  I love these little Stitchables! They are so fun to make! 

I have been on a Valentine's Day decorating kick, and knew I wanted an embroidered piece on my entry table.  So I came up this Valentine's Day Stitchable:
Valentine's Embroidery

You could make this your own by switching up the floss colors to your taste.  You could just do the traditional red and pink and it would look just as lovely.  I added in some blues and a green to mix it up a little bit.  This is also a very simple pattern and perfect for a beginner.  There are only two stitches in this pattern - the simple back stitch and the running stitch.   
Valentine's Embroidery

I decided I wanted to frame mine, so I had my husband make me a frame especially for this piece.  I painted it red, and sanded it a bit to rough up the edges.  I then cut a piece of batting the same size of my fabric and placed on the back of my fabric (this is optional, but I just like how it looks when I do it this way) I then had my husband use his staple gun to staple the fabric and batting to the back of the frame.  
Valentine's Embroidery

I really love how it turned out, and it sure looks cute on my entry table! :) 

If you make one, I would love to see! Please shoot me an email with a pic! 

Talk to you soon!


2 comments:

Kate said...

This is sweet, Lindsey. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.oxstyles.com/2015/01/how-to-propose-indian-girl.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...