Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cinnamon Rolls {My favorite recipe}


Hi there! Are you all ready for Christmas?!  I wish I could say that I was! I still have to wrap everything...I was really going to try and get it done before Christmas Eve, but that didn't happen! We have had a house full of sick kids and not much has been going on - except laying on the couch and staying warm! :) 

I have a love for sweets....and one of my favorite things to bake are these yummy Cinnamon Rolls.  These babies are so delicious and never ever fail me! :)  I always get requests to make these for my family and we pretty much devour them within a day! 

I thought I would share the love and share this yummy recipe with you! These would make a very delicious Christmas morning breakfast! :)


Cinnamon Rolls:

Makes 2 dozen

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In a bowl combine:
2 Tablespoons yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar

Mix well, and set aside and let the yeast rise.

In a separate bowl combine:

1 cup scalded milk
3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs

Mix until combined, and then add yeast mixture.

Start by adding 3 cups of flour and mix well, keep adding flour until dough comes together about another 3-4 cups.  Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, then place in an oiled bowl and cover.  Put in a warm spot and let rise until doubled in size. 

While it is rising make your filling mixture:

Filling:
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons of cinnamon 

Mix together your brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. 

Once the dough is double in size, remove from bowl and roll out your dough into rectangle on an oiled surface.  Spread softened butter onto the dough and then sprinkle with your brown sugar mixture.  Press the mixture into the dough lightly.

Roll up into a log, and then slice into 24 rolls.  Place onto 2 greased baking sheets, and let rise another 30 min.   **I sometimes find it easier to separate the dough into two equal parts and roll out two rectangles - but this is a personal preference! 

Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until rolls are done. 

Once rolls have cooled slightly, frost with cream cheese icing. 

Frosting:
8 oz of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup butter softened
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. 


These are a favorite in our house and I am sure I will be baking up a batch during the holiday! 

Talk to you soon!


2 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...