Hi there! With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I decided it's time to start making some cute things to decorate my house! :) I love making banners! When I don't have a lot of time to sew, but want to make something - I love to make banners because they come together so quickly! And don't forget, they are super cute too! ;)
To make this cute banner, all you need is:
- Valentine's fabric - you can find this darling Valentine's Basics fat quarter bundle HERE.
- Scrap Batting
- Pinking shears
- Ric Rac
- First take your fabric and place one piece right side down, place some batting on top of your fabric and then place another piece of fabric right side up on top of your batting. Pin together.
- Make a heart template and trace your heart onto your fabric, and then sew a 1/4" inside your traced heart.
- Cut out along your traced line with pinking shears.
- Sew onto some ric rac or other ribbon.
You could definitely embellish these as much as you wanted! You could add some cute buttons or use other trim! I think I'll have to make another set - and add some cute embellishments!
Talk to you soon!