Friday, October 28, 2016

Fabric Frenzy Friday

Happy Friday!! I hope you all had a good week! We have a festive Christmas Bundle to share with you today! I had so much fun sewing with this bundle! Be sure to scroll down to see what I made! 

Mistletoe Kiss

Mistletoe Kiss




Today's Friday Bundle is Mistletoe Kiss - a cute little group of prints in black, red, and green.   We chose several Michael Miller vintage-style prints as the base of this bundle.

You'll receive ONE cut of each:
  1. Studio Christmas Festive Ornaments - Michael Miller
  2. Essentials Petite Dots Green - Michael Miller
  3. Studio Christmas Mini Snowmen - Michael Miller
  4. Colorworks Premium Solid Black - Northcott
  5. Purely Christmas Cream Snowflakes - Henry Glass
  6. Studio Christmas Corny Cane - Michael Miller
  7. Studio Christmas Mini Candy Stripe - Michael Miller
  8. Strawberry Festival Black Dot - In the Beginning


A few years ago we did a really fun Christmas series - one of the projects was a lovely table topper made by Pretty Little Quilts.  When I saw this week's bundle - I remember that cute table topper and thought it would be perfect for these Christmas prints! 

You'll need 1 Mistletoe Kiss Fat Quarter Bundle for this project.

As I was making this block - I couldn't help but think this would make a fabulous full sized quilt with repeating blocks! The block is really easy to put together and it is large - so it is perfect for those larger scaled Christmas prints! You can find the tutorial here for this fun topper!

In the original tutorial - she doesn't have a border.  I just loved that candy cane print so much I wanted to include it -- so I did so by adding a 2.5" border all the around.

I also love the bias stripe for the binding! Who doesn't love a stripe for binding?! I love how my topper turned out and I just adore those fun vintage prints included in the bundle! They really make this project pop! :)

Block tutorial HERE



Now that we shared our fabric for the week, we want to see yours!
Here is your chance to link up anything to do with fabric! You can link up finished quilts, a work in progress, a new fabric you just bought, a project made with fabric, or maybe you just want to show off some of your stash.  Anything goes--as long as it has to do with fabric! 
*Please link up a specific post, not your main page
*Please link back or use a button on your post, or blog. 
*Please visit some other links and leave a comment! :) 


6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THose are a great color combo!!love what you made!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A NEAT TABLE TOPPER! THE CANDY CANE PRINT JUST SETS IT OFF!
THANKS FOR SHARING! msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

The border is perfect, and so is the striped binding!! I used striped or polka dot bindings whenever possible.

Amy DeCesare said...

I love the project you made from this sweet bundle - it reminds me of Christmastime when I was a little girl. I've got retro Christmas in my heart.

Paige said...

I'm all for big blocks! Oh, that striped binding looks just like candy canes! Well done! Thanks for hosting the great link party!

Julie said...

OMG I love those colors. They really say Christmas

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...