Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Bundle Batch {Land That I Love}

Hi there! We have a very festive bundle to share with you today! I had so much fun with this bundle, be sure to scroll down to see what I made! 




Land That I Love
This week's bundle is a patriotic theme in red, cream, and blue!
You'll receive one FQ of each:
  1. Colors of Freedom Flags Denim - Wilmington
  2. Just Color Burgandy - Studio E
  3. Roosters Blue Dots - In the Beginning
  4. Colors of Freedom Words Ivory - Wilmington
  5. Colors of Freedom Stars Dark Denim - Wilmington
  6. We the People Red Stripes - Wilmington
  7. Autumn Hues Cream Tones - Penny Rose
  8. Colors of Freedom Paisley Red - Wilmington

It's not too early to think about some 4th of July sewing! :)  I am loving the Americana feel of this bundle!



I loved last week's runner pattern so much, I thought I would use the same pattern for this bundle! The only difference is that I did some star appliqué on the 4-patches! I love how it turned out!




This is such a simple pattern, but really showcases those large prints.  I really wanted to showoff the beautiful flag, and text print for this project.  

For quilting, I did loops and added stars.  It was my first time doing free motion quilting stars - they are actually really easy, and I will definitely do this quilting pattern for other festive projects!

Alright, let's get started!


Let's get started:




Supplies:

Cutting: (Reserve your stripe print for binding - also use 2.25" binding strips so you will have enough from your fat quarter)
  • From flag print:
    • 3 - 7.5" x 7.5" squares
  • From the text print:
    • 2 - 7.5" x 7.5" squares 
  • From blue star print:
    • 10 - 4" x 4" squares 
  • From plain cream print
    • 10 - 4" x 4" squares
  • From dark red print:
    • 8 - 1.5" x 7.5" strips (for sashing)
    • 1 - 1.5" x 39" strip (you will need to piece this)
    • 2 - 1.25" x 15.5" strips (for side border)
    • 2 - 1.25" x 41.5" strips (for top and bottom border)
  • From red paisley print:


4-patches - make 5:



Lay your blocks out, and sew a sashing strip to the right side of each block - except the last block:


Sew a long sashing strip in between the rows: 


Now sew on your border.  Start with the left and right side.  Sew on and press. Then add your top and bottom border.  Press. 


Now it's time to add your stars.  Use your fusible web - fuse fabric to fusible web.  Trace stars onto the paper side of the fusible web.  Cut out and iron on according to package directions.  Stitch stars into place with your desired stitch.  I did some fun sketch stitching for this since I wanted it to be a little primitive to match the Americana style.  


Now you are ready to baste, quilt and bind! 






I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and whip up your own Land That I Love table runner! :)



Talk to you soon,

4 comments:

EXO said...

Lindsey how much stripe fabric for the binding please

Lindsey said...

Judy - you will just need a fat quarter (which is included in the bundle). If you cut your strips to 2.25" you will have plenty to bind the project!

Lindsey

EXO said...

Perfect

Nancy said...

God Bless America and "You"

Your free pattern came just in time. Thank you for sharing. I am a Daughter of The American Revolution. Living in New York State. Our Chapter House a Museum is 100 years old. In the Fall we will Celebrate the above at the famous Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck, NY. This is where George Washington stayed many times throughout the war. I will be making your pattern. It is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...