Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Holiday Magic Table Runner {Free Pattern}

Hi there! I have something fun to share with you today! Starting today, we will be starting our Christmas Blitz series!  Each week, we will share a new bundle of fabric and a coordinating project!! 




We have invited some talented quilters to join in on the series - so be sure to check back each Tuesday and see who is joining us! 


I am kicking things off with this fun Holiday Magic Bundle!  I hand picked each piece that is included in this bundle and I absolutely love how it turned out! :) Scroll down to see what I made using this week's Christmas Blitz Bundle!


Holiday Magic

Holiday Magic is full of winter goodness - mittens, snowflakes, pinecones & berries.   A classic bundle in traditional Christmas colors.  Curated by Lindsey Weight for FWFS.
8 Fat Quarters.
Included in each bundle:  
  1. Comfort & Joy Mittens Red - Riley Blake
  2. Grunge Basics Evergreen - Moda
  3. Maze Crimson - Robert Kaufman
  4. Reindeer Magic Snowflakes Cream - Henry Glass
  5. Essentials Criss Cross Holiday Green - Wilmington
  6. Reindeer Magic Mini Snowflakes Red - Henry Glass
  7. Comfort & Joy Main Print Green - Riley Blake
  8. Grunge Hits the Spot Red - Moda
------------------------------------------------------------



I love the traditional colors of Christmas - you can't go wrong with red and green when it comes to Christmas! When picking out these fabrics, I picked the mitten fabric first and kind of centered my bundle on that print.  

Once I had my bundle picked out - I designed this fun table runner that features my favorite block -  the PINWHEEL! :)  I wanted it to look like a pinwheel was in the wreath and so I started designing and came up with this: 
47" x 20" 


This may look like a complicated block, but it is actually very simple and comes together really quickly! I am thinking I need an entire quilt out of this block! Wouldn't that look fabulous! ;)

 I made three pinwheel wreath blocks - added sashing and a border and viola -- a super festive table runner! 



Alright, let's get started! 

The table runner measures 47" x 20"


Supplies (click on links): 



Reserve the green grunge print for binding

Reserve the dark red snowflake print for use as an accent piece on the backing (optional)

Cutting: 

Out of Mitten print: 
4 - 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles (A)

Out of Red Maize print
8 - 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles (A)

Out of Green Holly print: When cutting these pieces you will need to cut two strips 6.5" x width of fat quarter, and then sub cut your rectangles.  Use the left over pieces to cut your squares.  You will use almost the entire fat quarter. 
8 - 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles (D)
8 - 3.5" x 3.5" squares (B)

Out of Green Criss Cross print
4 - 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles (D)
4 - 3.5" x 3.5" squares (B)

Out of Snowflake print: (background)
24 - 3.5" x 3.5" squares (C)
4 - 12.5" 2" strips (E)
2 - 2" x 42.5" strips (F)

Out of Red Grunge Dot: 
2 - 3" x 15.5" strips (G)
2 - 3" x 47.5" strips (F) - You will need to piece these strips

Out of Green Grunge: (for binding) Instead of the normal 2.5" binding strips, you will need to cut them a little smaller so you can get enough out of your fat quarter.  If you don't want to cut them this size, you can purchase an extra 1/4 yard and that would be plenty!
8 - 2 1/4 " x width of fabric strips 









Now you are ready, to baste, quilt and bind! I used the left over red print and other scraps from my bundle to piece my backing along with the extra 3/4 yard that I recommended! :) 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and make one of these cute Holiday Magic Table Runners for yourself! :)

Be sure to come back next week to see the next bundle/project!

Talk to you soon!


6 comments:

Patti said...

Very pretty and looks doable!

Kathy E. said...

I'm a pinwheel block lover too, so this is going on my t0-make list for this fall! You've put together the perfect fabrics for this pattern...love it!

Kathleen said...

Neat pattern! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is really cute! Thank you!

Judy said...

Thank you. Will make this.

Miranda said...

I feel very much peace to watch your table runner which you designed this fun table runner that features your beloved block - the PINWHEEL. The design of the fun table runner is really exceptional. The three pinwheel wreath blocks which you made in the table runner is really fantastic.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...