Monday, December 11, 2017

Love Throughout the Year {Mystery Quilt}

Hi there! Are you guys ready for another Mystery Quilt Sew Along?!!  I AM! This one has been in the works for a while, and I CANNOT wait to share this one with you guys! I think this one if my favorite to date - and that's saying something because I have LOVED the other two we have done so far! I know you guys are going to love it too!

Since it's a "Mystery Quilt" I can only tell you a few things:
  • It is a red and white quilt - that can be used all year round.
  • It is 38" x 38" 
  • We have kits available - with backing and binding INCLUDED. **SOLD OUT** You will want to pick up a kit as soon as possible - because we have sold out of our last two mystery quilt kits fast! 
  • You don't have to "sign up" to join in - just check the blog every Wednesday starting February 14 - to download the pattern for that week.
  • On week one, I will include a cutting sheet - that will be for the whole quilt.  
  • This Sew Along will last five weeks.  
  • I will include a PDF download each week so you can easily print off the instructions for each block.
  • Skill level for this quilt is a confident beginner - this quilt is traditionally pieced.  

Here is the posting schedule for this Sew Along:

Schedule:
INTRODUCTION
Week 1: February 14 - Heart Blocks 
Week 2: February 21 - Tulip Blocks
Week 3: February 28 - Heart in a Star Block
Week 4: March 7 - Scallop Block
Week 5: March 14 - Assembly

CLICK HERE for FULL PATTERN!

Now let's get to the fabric we selected for this Mystery Quilt! {My favorite part!!} For this Mystery Quilt, we are using Sugar Berry by RJR.  We absolutely LOVE this line of fabric, and you will love it in this Mystery Quilt! 


Each kit includes all the fabric you need to complete the Mystery Quilt - which INCLUDES backing and binding!! How awesome is that?! Everything you need, all in one kit!  

So be sure to pick one up before they sell out - and let's sew together! 



Talk to you soon!

13 comments:

barbielady said...

I have never done a mystery quilt...it's really outside of my wheel house to not know what I am making...but I am thinking I might give this one a try. Love the fabrics.

Monica said...

Love the fabrics too- and I just may order this time! With this starting in February gives me time to get a few things done I'm currently behind on!! Thanks for the opportunity. :)

Anonymous said...

I recently finished the Christmas Mystery quilt and really enjoyed the process. The 5 week time frame is just right. Doesn't drag on too long , yet keeps your interest!

Jackie said...

Love the fabrics! I will definitely be following along.

Anthea said...

I have just discovered this blog & these fun Mysteries... I'm just going to have to join in with this one... all the way from Down Under!

Rosa said...

Love the fabrics.I hope to play along.

LJ said...

Hi! What is the skill level of this QAL? I am much more confident than I am talented LOL!

Lindsey said...

Hi LJ,

We try and keep all of our Mystery Quilts easy enough for a confident beginner. You can check out past mystery quilt projects, and download the patterns to see how I write the patterns. I have had several emails and comments saying how easy they are to follow along! So I think you would do just fine! :)

I hope this helps!

Lindsey

cheesecat said...

having lots of red fabric from different projects, could you print a fabric list if we choose to use our own fabric? thanks





Unknown said...

I also have lots of reds.can you let me know how many and the sizes of each red we will need?

Lindsey said...

Hi Rosie,

I will be posting the cutting instructions and fabric requirements on week one. :) Glad to have you sewing along with me!

Lindsey

Unknown said...

I have never done something like this before. The year long month by month are too long for me. I am looking forward to it! I LOVE the fabrics you selected for this piece!!

Stitch'n Dreams said...

I have done several of your sew a longs and really enjoy the fact that they last for a few weeks instead of months. I can see progress and complete the project in a short amount of time. Your patterns are easy to follow and always a joy to finish. Thank you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...