Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Star Spangled {Block 1}



Block Links:

Entire pattern for this quilt can be found on our new website HERE

Hi there! Who is ready to start a new quilt?!  I really enjoyed designing this for you guys! I hope you enjoy making it just as much as I did! :) 

If you are just learning about this BOM - I would highly recommend you stop by the original post - where I share ALL the information related to this BOM! You can find that post RIGHT HERE.




So let's get to it!  Week one is this lovely Square in a Square Star Block:

Make one block.  14" x 14" unfinished.

When making the flying geese units for the points of the star, you will have triangle trimmings left over.  SAVE THOSE TRIMMINGS!!!  I will be sharing a bonus project using all the leftover trimmings we have from those flying geese blocks!  So if you would like to make the bonus project, put those trimmings in a safe spot! ;) 




Use #starspangledbom on Instagram so we can see your blocks! 

See you later this month for block 2! 


11 comments:

Rosa said...

So beautiful block!

Jo said...

When I click on block 1, all I get are blank pages.

Unknown said...

also only getting blank page when click on link

Lindsey said...

Hi Jo,

We have tested the link several times and it is working on our end. It is a larger file, so may take a little time to download. If that's not working, you may have pop ups disabled...and when you click on the link it is treating it like a pop up and blocking it. I have had this happen to me in my browser and had to allow pop ups from certain websites. If that is still not working, you can email me at lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com and I can send you the link directly.

I hope this helps!

Lindsey

Lindsey said...

Hi Susan,

We have tested the link several times and it is working on our end. It is a larger file, so may take a little time to download. If that's not working, you may have pop ups disabled...and when you click on the link it is treating it like a pop up and blocking it. I have had this happen to me in my browser and had to allow pop ups from certain websites. If that is still not working, you can email me at lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com and I can send you the link directly.

I hope this helps!

Lindsey

Unknown said...

I love the first block. Thanks so much for being able to download the pattern each month.

Jackie said...

Beautiful block and fabrics! Thank you for the link to download the pattern!

Carried Away Quilting said...

GREAT fun Lindsey! I finished my Block 1 last night. I'm so excited about this BOM, as this will be my first patriotic quilt!

Donna F said...

I like the blocks also. To help those with problems downloading. I have learned to click on "print" then "view as PDF or review as PDF" at the bottom of the instructions for printing the page, then save as a PDF. A bit odd but it works for me. Happy Creating.

The Quilted B said...

OK, I tried QAL's in the past and have lost track so I kept telling myself I would NOT jump in on this one...but I have no willpower so I am jumping in with both feet! Thank you for the downloadable instructions. I am a person who needs to write and check off on my patterns!

Adeline B said...

Last year I made both he Halloween BOM and the Christmas BOM. I loved both of the projects and actually finished them and hung them up! I excited to give this one a try!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...