Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Love Throughout the Year Mystery Quilt {Week 1}



Schedule:
INTRODUCTION
Week 1: February 14 - Heart Blocks 
Week 2: February 21 - Tulip Blocks
Week 3: February 28 - Heart in a Star Block
Week 4: March 7 - Scallop Block
Week 5: March 14 - Assembly

CLICK HERE FOR FULL PATTERN!



Hi there! Are you guys ready for another Mystery Quilt Sew Along?!!  I AM! I think this one if my favorite to date - and that's saying something because I have LOVED the other two we have done so far! I know you guys are going to love it too!







Do you need a kit?!  **SOLD OUT**




A few things before we begin: 

  • Please read ALL instructions before starting.
  • Please measure twice and cut once - I have made the cutting instructions very specific  - and there IS NOT a lot of room for cutting errors - so PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
  • I am posting the blocks for the quilt in no particular order - to keep this EXTRA MYSTERIOUS! 
  • Accuracy is KEY!  This quilt requires you to be very accurate with your piecing - A 1/4" quilting foot is recommended for piecing.  
  • I have made the entire quilt already (and it is sooo cute!!) - and so all blocks and piecing have been tested. 
  • This is all about having fun!! This was a joy to design and it was even more fun piecing this quilt! I can't wait for the final reveal! 
Alright, I think you guys are ready to get started!

First, I have included a cutting sheet.  This sheet is cutting for the ENTIRE QUILT.  It is very helpful if you mark all your pieces with the letters I have assigned each piece.  Please measure twice and cut once! There is nothing worse than making a cutting mistake! So pay careful attention please!


Are you ready for our first block?

Scroll down to see the first block and to download the PDF instructions
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Ta Da! Our first block is called:

Sweethearts
You will make 12 heart blocks. 

They measure 5.5" x 5.5"

***DOWNLOAD THE PDF FOR THIS BLOCK HERE***


*Links may take some time to load depending on your internet connection.  Also if you have pop-ups disabled, you may have a problem downloading the PDF file.  To fix this you will need to allow pop-ups for our blog.*

Talk to you soon!


22 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Oh so sweet! Thanks!

Turid said...

Ah, how sweet! Can I sew along with my own fabrics, without having the kit?

Unknown said...

Will the entire quilt be made up of red & white fabrics?

Lindsey said...

Hi Tubakk,

Yes, you can sew with your own fabrics!

Lindsey

Lindsey said...

Hi Diane,

Yes it is all red and white! :)

-Lindsey

barbielady said...

What time should I be checking the blog for next week's blocks? I looked this morning at 3A, 6A, and 9A. Had to wait till after 12noon before I had a chance again...had it been there at 6A, I could have started earlier.

Anonymous said...

I am using the kit that comes with this Mystery Quilt. When I print out the PDF instructions, the colors for the fabrics in the kit do not print. How will I be able to know which fabric to use unless I am at the computer while sewing the blocks? Is it my computer printer or is anyone else having the same problem with printing the PDF's?

Lindsey said...

Hi Robin,

We will schedule posts to go live at 9 AM. Occasionally there could be an unpredictable issue that could cause delay. Glad to have you sewing along with me!

-Lindsey

Lindsey said...

Hi there,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I haven't had anyone else say this has been a problem. I have printed the cutting guide several times as well and haven't had this happen. If you would like I can email you the PDF directly and see if that helps. You can email me at lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com

Lindsey

barbielady said...

Thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lindsey,

I would like to have the patchwork quilt finished for easter - which will mean a lot of handquilting in a very short time ;)

Could you advice me if the patchwork quilt would work with the 'quilt as you go' method please? This would help me with the time shortage problem, if I can quilt as I go ;)

Many thanks in advance!

e-e

Unknown said...

Lindsey Weight I am cutting out the back ground pieces some are 2 3/16". How do I measure that?? All my rulers are 1/8 segments.????

Lindsey said...

Hi there,

I am not super familiar with quilt as you go, but I would say this quilt may not work well with that method because of the quilt assembly. I am sorry I don't have a more direct answer for you - since I can't share they layout of the quilt.

I hope this helps!

Lindsey

Lindsey said...

Hi there,

3/16 is in between the 1/8 and 1/4" mark..it is a very small measurement, but with all the piecing involved unfortunately it makes a difference! I do not use a specific ruler, I just place mine between those two measurements and it worked great!

Lindsey

vaiybora said...

I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

หนังดราม่า

barbielady said...

When I go to the page for the tulip blocks I get a page not found message. I think your link is broken. Also, The website link only shows week 1...

Anonymous said...

I am also having the same problem as snowisro.

Lindsey said...

Hi there, I'm sorry you are having a problem with week two - here is the direct link:

https://www.fortworthfabricstudio.com/sites/default/files/ltty-mystery-week2.pdf

Let me know if you have any other problems! You can email me at lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com

Anonymous said...

Cutting Instructions: Sweethearts (red on red) says to cut two 2" stips WOF then subcut into 2"x 12 1/2 and 2"x 15 1/2 strips...... it doesn't say how many. Does this mean just one of each lenght 12 1/2 and 15 1/2 ????? Thank you

Lori`Jean said...

Hello,
Will week 3 be posted today?
Thanks!
Jean

Lindsey said...

Hi Lori,

It was posted! Here is the link:

http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/2018/02/love-throughout-year-mystery-quilt-week_28.html

Lindsey

Lori`Jean said...

Thank you Lindsey!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...