Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chapstick Cozy Tutorial

Hi there! Do you love quick sewing projects?  If so, this is a great project for you! 

If you know me, then you know I have an unhealthy addiction to chapstick.  I always have chapstick in my pocket--no matter what! I also keep some handy in my purse, and also on my nightstand.  So when I saw these chapstick cozies, I knew I had to make one!



This is a super quick project! I think it took me 15 minutes at the most to whip this up (and that included taking pictures as I went).   These would make great gifts because they are so easy and really affordable. 


So let's get started!


Supplies:

2 pieces of fabric cut 2" x 7" (if using quilting cotton, use interfacing on your pieces)
1 - 2" piece of coordinating ribbon
1 - Key ring


Step 1: Fold your 2" ribbon in half and sew onto one of your pieces.  (place about 1/4" from the edge)


Step 2: Place your two pieces right sides together, making sure you tuck your ribbon down.

Step 3: Sew along three sides 1/4" and then click your corners. (Be sure to sew along the side that is the top where your ribbon is)

Step 4: Turn right side out and press.  Also fold in bottom side that is not sewn and press and sew an 1/8" seam to close it shut.

Step 5: Fold the bottom up two inches and pin.  Then sew along the sides to create your little chapstick pocket. 

That's all! Seriously, this is a 15 minute project! It doesn't really get any quicker than that!

I'm off to whip up a bunch more of these for gifts! 

Talk to you soon,


6 comments:

Anita said...

Cute! I always have to have lipgloss or some type of Chapstick too :)

Bluefigquilts said...

I also have a Chapstick addiction. But I only like the Classic Original. I cannot wait to make this. I am going to whip one up right now. :) Thank you..

quiltzyx said...

Great idea! I may have to try this out to make for our guild boutique in October! Thanks!

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

What a great idea, Lindsey! Would work well for lip gloss or lipstick, too. I'm not a junkie, but my husband FREAKS OUT if he can't find his Burt's Bees : P

Anne Weaver said...

This would be good for back-to-school! I bet my tween daughter would love one to carry on her backpack. I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow morning that links to your tutorial:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-lip-gloss-cozy/2014/08/23/
--Anne

Lisa said...

Thanks! Now to get my stitching right so my chapstick fits more snug! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...