Friday, June 17, 2016

Fabric Frenzy Friday

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week!  Anne from Anne Henrie Designs is stopping by to share her project featuring this week's bundle! Be sure to scroll down to see what she made!

Shangri-La 
Shangri-La 



Shangri-La is this week's Bundle Batch!  This bundle features the Extravaganza prints by Lila Tueller - a paradise in pink & green!

Fat Quarter & Half Yard bundles include 8 different pieces.
Included in each bundle:
  1. Extravaganza Main Print Pink - Riley Blake
  2. Paradiso Floral Utopia Pink - Moda
  3. Remix Rings Lime - Riley Blake
  4. Extravaganza Ceramic Tiles Pink - Riley Blake
  5. Ella's Basics Pink Grid - Ella Blue
  6. Santa Express Stripe Green - Riley Blake
  7. Extravaganza Floral Pink - Riley Blake
  8. Remix Rings Pink - Robert Kaufman


Hello!  This is Anne Henrie and I'm so excited to be guest blogging here at Forth Worth Fabric Studio.  Just so you know a little bit about me - I'm a mom to three fantastic girls, and a wife of an extremely supportive husband!  I teach 4th graders during the day, and with my spare time I love to design quilts and other crafty stuff.  If I could go on any vacation right now I would probably go to Disneyland with my whole family.  If you want to see more of my stuff you can find my blog here.  Be warned I haven't kept up on it like I want to, you know life gets in the way sometimes!  I have recently started a new Instagram account where I will be more active.  You can look me up at Anne Henrie Designs.  

Today I am bringing you these great little drawstring bags.   



I received this fat quarter bundle and fell in love with this fabric.  There were so many possibilities with this combination of fabric it was hard to decide what to make.  At this time I was getting ready to attend a quilt retreat.  While packing up my little notions I realized I needed a bag to keep them organized.  I immediately decided to make a catch-all bag for my rotary cutter, small scissors, seam ripper and all my other necessary items.  I used the tutorial from Bee in My Bonnet, which you can find here.  I didn't change anything except I added the embellishment on the green bag, which I will give you a short tutorial.  

First I'll show you how I started.  With this bundle I made 2 bags, the ties and I even had some fabric left over.  

For bag 1 the green is the lining and the print is the outside.  


Bag 1 

For bag 2 I used the pink prints for the flowers, print for the lining and green stripe for the outside.  

Bag 2

The pink print was used for the ties and the print was used for fussy cutting the centers of the appliqué flowers.  

Extras

Well here we go for the embellishment.  I used a dresden tool to cut the wedges for the flowers.  I cut a 2 inch strip and then cut 9 wedges for each flower (only 4 of each color are shown).  


Fold each wedge with right sides together and sew the top of the wedge together.  

  

I found it was easy to use the stiletto to keep everything lined up.  



Once all the wedges are sewn clip the inside point and turn each one inside out and press.  I wanted to use a fewer amount of wedges so I marked 1/2 inch in the middle of each wedge and trimmed each wedge.    


      

Then I sewed the 9 wedges together to form a flower.  Give it a good press and then get the center ready.  

I fussy cut the center of each center and ran a running stitch around the outside.  


I pulled the thread around a mylar circle, starched and ironed the edges so they were turned under.

I just topstitched the flowers onto the outside of the bag before I started assembling the bag.  


Well there you have it.  These bags were a fun project that can be accomplished within an hour, especially if you have made a bag before.  


If you have any questions please let me know.  I would be happy to help!  Happy sewing!



Now that we shared our fabric for the week, we want to see yours!

Here is your chance to link up anything to do with fabric! You can link up finished quilts, a work in progress, a new fabric you just bought, a project made with fabric, or maybe you just want to show off some of your stash.  Anything goes--as long as it has to do with fabric! 

*Please link up a specific post, not your main page
*Please link back or use a button on your post, or blog. 
*Please visit some other links and leave a comment! :) 

 Go HERE for different sized buttons!

Fort Worth Fabric Studio




1 comment:

Paige said...

What cute bags! The mini dresden plates are adorable. That's exactly how I do small circles!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...