Monday, March 27, 2017

Raspberry and Cream BOM {Block 6}


Hi there! Today I am ready to share my sixth block for the Raspberry and Cream Block of the Month!!


Eliza's Nine Patch

NOTE:

These patterns are not "free", so you will need to purchase a kit to receive the fabric + patterns.  The Raspberry & Cream BOM was designed & written by Marsha McCloskey.  We are simply sharing our progress and giving a few tips on completing your blocks as you sew along using your purchased pattern.




For this block you will need to use fabrics C, A, and F from your Blocks Kit:






Block Layout:



I LOVE this block.  I think this one is my favorite so far.  I have never put a block together quite like this and I really enjoyed it.  I had no problems with this block, and I feel like it turned out great.  I will mention on that tiny 9-patch I did iron my seams open.  Other than that, I think the block is pretty straightforward and easy to put together.  


Your blocks should measure 9.5" x 9.5" unfinished.  The best way to ensure you get that is to use a 1/4" presser foot!





Here is the schedule for the block of the month:


Block 1: Air Castles January 17
Block 2: Bear's Paw January 31
Block 3: Bird's in the Air February 14
Block 4: Cat's Cradle February 28
Block 5: Double X March 14
Block 6: Eliza's Nine Patch March 28
Block 7: Gentleman's Fancy April 11
Block 8: Goose Tracks April 25
Block 9: Grandmother's Pride May 9
Block 10: Grape Basket May 23
Block 11: Kansas Trouble June 6
Block 12: Missouri Star June 20

Double Four Patch and Stepping Stone Blocks: July 11
Setting Blocks: August 15
Quilt Assembly: September 12
Final Borders: October 10

If you are following along, post your pictures to Instagram and use the hashtag: sewingwithfwfabricstudio

Talk to you soon! 

2 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a gorgeous block. Especially love the fabrics you're using.

legato1958 said...

What a gorgeous block in these fabrics! I love it!
Susie

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...