Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crazy Acres Quilt Along {Binding}


Hi there! Welcome back to the Crazy Acres Quilt Along!

May 1: Binding
May 15: Show and Tell

You may or may not know, that I know a "binding fairy."  Well, it turns out I left this with my binding fairy and she did all the binding for me! Let me tell you, she is a pretty darn good at what she does and the binding on this quilt is perfect! 







If you don't have a "binding fairy" around, then I have a full machine binding tutorial right HERE, for you to refer to if you need to! 

Binding Tutorial-FWFS

I also thought I would share with you a few other tutorials on binding, if you want to try something other than "machine binding."

This first one is from Cluck Cluck Sew, she shows us how to bind a quilt using the backing! This is a really great method for smaller quilts!  You can check out the tutorial HERE!

Cluck Cluck Sew

Another fabulous way to bind your quilt is using bias binding!  A lot of people swear by this method, and it is also perfect for binding quilts with rounded corners! You can check out this awesome tutorial from Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter!

Diary of a Quilter

Whichever method you choose, I know your binding will look great! 

If you have been stitching along with me, I would love to show your quilt or blocks off!  The final post is coming up May 15, so email me a picture of your quilt or your progress! 

lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com

Good luck with your binding, and I will talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...