Monday, May 12, 2014

Embroidery Inspiration

I have become obsessed with embroidery.  I love it!  I love the look of handwork, and the vintage vibe it has.  I think embroidery is becoming more popular again and I have seen so many beautiful pieces and designs lately and wanted to share some with you! 

These are just a few that I picked out, but you can follow our Embroidery Pinterest board here for many more ideas and inspiration!
  
This embroidery just blows me away! What a fantastic way to make a sampler!  I love the negative heart space--it really just makes this piece pop! :) 
Bonjour Quilts -- French Embroidery Sampler




Another sampler piece that is so fun! I love the strawberry and spool of thread on this one! This is such a great way to learn all of your different stitches!
A Sampler of Stitches

Love this daisy sampler by Lori Holt!  I would love to make one of these for my little girl's room in lots of bright colors!
Bee In My Bonnet--Stitchy Kit

I saw this fun little quilt and thought it was great how she did embroidery in the white background fabrics! What a fantastic way to make a quilt that much more lovely!
Flickr--Claudia

This fun piece really makes me happy! I love the addition of the fabric bunting! I love how the house is perfectly imperfect! :) It really adds character!
Plum and June

Lastly is this fun little zipper pouch with machine embroidery.  I love making zipper pouches (you can find my tutorial here) but this one that I found is so darling! The fun tulip flowers with the black machine embroidery is perfect!
Flutterby Patch-Machine Embroidery

These are just a few of many great pieces of embroidery that I found!  I am determined to try my hand at it and see how I like it! 


Talk to you soon,


1 comment:

Shar said...

I have started doing embroidery to relax at night. I really have enjoyed it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...