Sunday, September 21, 2014

Arrows Aweigh {Boy Quilt}

Hi there! I have a fun, quick quilt to show you guys today! About two weeks ago, I was asked by a friend to make twin baby boy quilts for her new nephews! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make these quilts, so I thought I'd share them with you!




This pattern is SO simple, and easy.  It comes together quickly, and can easily be made bigger by adding more blocks.  You could also make the blocks bigger, if you wanted to make a larger quilt.

I was told that the twin's room was done in navy and gray, and so I had fun picking out some awesome navy and gray prints.  I wanted these quilts to be boyish, without being "babyish" if that makes any sense.  I thought I really achieved that with the simple and clean lines of this pattern.


Finished Quilt Size 36" x 36"




 My friend and I had decided it would be a good idea to have something to make each one different, so they could tell which quilt belonged to which boy.  We thought it would be fun to make the backings different.  I quilted both quilts with organic wavy lines.  It gave the quilt a nice texture, but kept the overall quilt simple. 




-----------------------------------------








I hope you enjoyed this fun and simple quilt pattern! 



12 comments:

Vicki H said...

Thanks for the tutorial. With six grandsons, I can always use ideas for a boy quilt. Perfect.

roberta mill said...

Thanks for sharing-ooo the possibilities :) Fun!

carolann said...

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this great tutorial!

Lynda said...

wish I had this pattern a couple of weeks ago - thank you for your generosity of sharing - great quilt and there is so much you could do with this - even use as a scrap buster

Unknown said...

What a fabulous and impactful quilt design. Thanks for sharing - have added it to my must make list!

Michele said...

I like, I like and so perfect for twin boys.

Anonymous said...

A truly wonderful design especially for boys. I know what I will be doing this weekend. Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

I was looking for a new pattern for a girls quilt and this one really stood out on Pinterest. Even though it's boy fabric I think it will look beautiful in the fabric I have. I will try to post a picture of the finished quilt in the comments. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Love this pattern and would like to make it for my grandson. I think I need your help. What size would you make the blocks for a four year old?

Lindsey said...

Hi Greg - You could keep the blocks the same size, and just make more blocks. Or you could make them an inch or two bigger by cutting your blocks 6" or 7"!

I hope this helps! :)

Lindsey

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Ok, I am late to this party. I just found this post from your current sidebar. Glad to have found it and thanks for such great, easy and quick patterns that you are providing for free.

Anonymous said...

I love this but I want to make a bigger quilt with the pattern. I'm quite new to quilting so what size squares would you suggest? Thanks

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...