Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Little Ruby Patchwork Tote


Hi there! I have a fun little project to share with you today! A couple of months ago,  I got a Little Ruby Charm Pack.   I have had it sitting on my cutting table opened up for that amount of time!  It was just staring at me!! I knew I wanted to make something out of it, but I never could decide what! 

Well, my mom has been telling me for weeks she would like a new little tote bag.  So for her birthday, I whipped up this fun Patchwork Tote with my Little Ruby Charm Pack

Pre-Order Little Ruby HERE



I just pieced together some of the charm pack squares and made a simple tote bag.  Instead of interfacing, I used batting and quilted the exterior of the bag.  

I used some of my coveted Scrumptious stash for the handles and some April Showers for the lining. That's what I love about Bonnie and Camille's fabric lines.  They all play so well with each other!  


The only condition my mom had about her bag is she wanted something that closed.  So I added a simple magnetic snap closure to the bag (you can purchase HERE).


I had a lot of fun making this bag for my Mom's birthday!  She loved how it turned out!  :)

Talk to you soon!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What pattern did you use to make the tote?

Lindsey said...

Hi Gail!

I did not use a pattern, I just made it up as I went. I'm sorry I'm not more help! You could use this tutorial here for reference if you want an easy tote bag. :)

https://vw-fortworthfabricstudio.storage.googleapis.com/uploads/2015/05/19/files/Bag_With_Zipper_Pocket.pdf

-Lindsey

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...