Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Gigi Blooms Table Runner

Hi there! I have a fun project to share with you today!  I have really enjoyed sewing with this line of fabric from AdornIt! It is so happy and cheery! :) 


I really love this block! I designed it some time ago, but could never decide which fabric to use for it! When I saw the Gigi Blooms I knew it would look lovely for this block! I love how it turned out!  You could easily use this block in a repeat for a quilt and it would look stunning!


Let's get started!



Fabric Requirements:
1/4 yard cuts of the following fabrics:
Navy Cluster
Hello Birdie
Mango Fresh
Plum Burnish
Tweets
Pink Burnish
1 yard of background fabric



Cutting for one block: 
A:  1- 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" square
B: 8 - 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" square
C: 3 - 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" square cut twice diagonally 
D: 3 - 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" squares cut twice diagonally
E: 8 - 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" squares
F: 2 - 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" squares cut twice diagonally

Block Assembly: 

Making quarter square triangles: 



Now, layout your squares and your quarter square triangles as shown below.  Sew them into rows of 4, then sew your rows together.  Press. Block should measure 12.5" unfinished. 


Make 4 blocks total.

Sew a 1.25" sashing strip between each block.


Then sew a 2" strip on the left and right.  Press, then add your top and bottom 2" strips.


Now you are ready to baste, quilt and bind! :)



Talk to you soon!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Super cute! Love the block design!

Kathleen said...

Thank you . . . love it!

Jackie said...

Love the table runner! Thank you for the tutorial!

Karla Brown said...

I love love the table runner! Great block design I will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the tutorial.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...