Hi there, and Happy April!! Wow, I just can't believe we are already in April! This year is just flying by! :) I have a really cute project so share with you today - featuring this cute bunny bundle:
|Bunny Trail - Purchase HERE|
Bunny Trail Fat Quarter Bundle. This bundle features a sweet bunny print from Fabri-Quilt, paired with pink & green blenders. Curated by FWFS.
This bundle includes 8 fat quarters:
- American Wildlife Rabbits - Fabri-Quilt
- Basic Brights Pink With White Hearts - Windham
- Ella's Basics Green Grid - Ella Blue
- Grunge Basics Vanilla - Moda
- Sevenberry Petite Dots Hot Pink - Robert Kaufman
- Garden Girl Pink Dot - Riley Blake
- Dainty Darling Green Diamond - Riley Blake
- KimberBell Basics Pink Doodles - Maywood Studio
This table runner tutorial has been so popular we knew we had to make another one and feature this cute Bunny bundle!
I've said it before, I LOVE quick projects! I love when I can sit down and finish a project within a few hours. This is one of those projects. It is so easy and so quick - you can easily whip this runner out in an afternoon. :)
The great thing about this pattern is that you could easily make it into a full sized quilt. Just add more blocks, and you have a super easy and quick quilt. If you wanted to simplify it further, you could remove the sashing. There are lots of possibilities with this easy pattern!
Let's get started:
- Bunny Trail FQ bundle
- 1/4 yard of Vanilla Grunge (this is optional - if you don't mind piecing your border strips, then you will have enough from your fat quarter. If you don't want to piece your border strips - then you will want to purchase an extra 1/4 yard of grunge!
- 1/2 yard backing (I pieced my backing, but if you don't like a pieced backing then you'll want to pick up an extra 1/2 yard for backing!)
Cutting: (Reserve your dark pink dot for binding)
- From bunny print:
- 3 - 7.5" x 7.5" squares
- From pink prints
- 10 - 4" x 4" squares
- From green prints
- 2 - 7.5" x 7.5" squares
- 10 - 4" x 4" squares
- From Vanilla Grunge:
- 8 - 1.5" x 7.5" strips (for sashing
- 1 - 1.5" x 39" strip (you will need to piece this)
- 2 - 1.25" x 15.5" strips (for side border) **If you bought extra 1/4 yard for border, then you can do your border strips 1.5" if you want a larger border.**
- 2 - 1.25" x 41.5" strips (for top and bottom border) **If you bought extra 1/4 yard for border, then you can do your border strips 1.5" if you want a larger border.**
- From binding:
- 8 - 2.25" x 22" strips
4-patches - make 5:
Lay your blocks out, and sew a sashing strip to the right side of each block - except the last block. Be mindful of the direction of your bunny squares - they are directional.
Sew a long sashing strip in between the rows:
Now sew on your border. Start with the left and right side. Sew on and press. Then add your top and bottom border. Press.
Now you are ready to baste, quilt and bind!
Use your left over scraps fabrics to piece your backing!
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and whip up your own Tickled Pink table runner! :)
Talk to you soon,
Cute fabric in the Bunny Bundle. Thanks for sharing the tutorial, too.
That is absolutely beautiful...love all the pinks and greens.
Love the fabric and the pattern works so well ... However, I'm in love with that bunny. Is there a pattern available for him?
HI Rosemary - Thank you! :) He is cute isn't he?! I actually picked him up at my local Joann store! Thanks for your sweet comments!
Thank you for the tutorial. I think I could actually get one done by Easter!!!
Thank you Lindsey!
I am gathering fabrics to put this runner together for my sister ♥️
Love this runner! So adorable. When I read the directions, the 4x4 squares will make an 8" square and the big squares are 7.5" Do you just trim off the excess?
Thanks for sharing this cute pattern!
Hi Kelly! It will be the same size once you piece it because of the seam allowance. :) hope this helps!
Post a Comment