Wednesday, October 8, 2014

15 Minute Grocery Bag Holder

Hi there! I hope you all are having a good week! Last week I shared a bunch of Milk Cow Kitchen projects and tutorials! Well, I have one more up my sleeve to show you guys.  I have wanted to make a new bag holder for my kitchen for a while now, because my old one is about 5 years old and it is pretty worn out!  So I whipped up this lovely bag holder today, and it literally only took me about 15 minutes to make!  You can't get much quicker than that! 


These nifty bag holders are really quite functional!  I love mine and couldn't live without it! It holds all my grocery bags all in one place, and it doesn't take up too much room--which is a bonus when you don't have a big kitchen!


So let's get started!


Supplies: 



Step 1:  With a 18" x 22" (Fat quarter) piece of fabric, double fold over your top and bottom edges and hem.  



Step 2: Align your elastic in the middle of your bottom hem.  With a zig-zag stitch stitch the elastic on, pulling tightly on the elastic as you go so your fabric will gather.  Be sure to backstitch.



Step 3: Fold your fabric in half lengthwise, right sides together and pin.  Then sew a 1/2" seam to make your tube.


Step 4: Turn right side out and press your seam.   Now you will add your zakka tape, so you can hang your bag holder.  Fold your tape in half, then pin on the inside seam of your bag holder.  Then sew it on to secure it.


That's it! Easy peasy! You could literally whip these up in 15 minutes or less! These would make awesome gifts! Plus, they are very inexpensive to make!

I think I will go whip up a few more of these for gifts! 

Talk to you soon,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have one of these in my pantry, and I love it! It's amazing how many bags it will hold! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow evening that links to your tutorial:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-15-minute-grocery-bag-holder/2014/10/09/
--Anne

Anita said...

What a great idea! Thanks :)

Christine S said...

I need to make a new one also. Mine has elastic at the top too but I like your design better!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...