Sunday, March 8, 2015

Patchwork Pincushion Tutorial


Hi there! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  I have had an obsession with a couple of things lately. 1. Pincushions and 2. Milk Flower Sugar.  I absolutely adore this line of fabric by the talented Elea Lutz.  It has a lovely vintage charm that I adore, and I seriously can't get enough of it!

As for pincushions, I have realized over the past couple of months, that I can not have enough of them!  I seriously only had one pincushion and would just move it wherever I needed it.  Well that just wasn't cutting it! I hated getting up to get my pincushion when I needed it, so I have made several and have them all over my sewing space!

So today, I thought I would show you how to make a small Patchwork Pincushion!



This is an easy project, that will take you no time at all to whip up!  It's also a great project for using up leftover scraps! I also think these would make perfect little gifts for your sewing and quilty friends!  




Alright, let's get started!

Supplies:

9 - 2" squares of various fabrics (Milk, Flower, Sugar -purchase here)
Poly stuffing
Needle and thread (to close up your pincushion)


Step 1: Layout your squares in a 3 x 3 format:


Step 2: Sew them into rows. Press your seams OPEN.


Step 3: Sew your rows together:



Here is the back with your seams ironed open.  This is really helpful when working with smaller squares so everything lays flat and it will make your pincushion look nicer! :)

Step 4: Cut a piece the same size as the front for your back:

Step 5: Pin right sides together and stitch 1/4" seam around, leaving a small opening to turn right side out.  Cut the corners so when you turn it, the corners will turn out better:


Step 6: Turn right side out and stuff until your hearts content! :)  Then with a needle and thread stitch your opening shut!


And that's it! You have a cute little Patchwork Pincushion! 


Talk to you soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...