***Are you looking for the Christmas Mystery Quilt? Go HERE for all the information and links!***

Monday, July 20, 2015

Strawberry Lemonade Pillow

Hi there! I have a really fun pillow to share with you today! :)  When Tasha Noel's new line Vintage Market came out, I fell in love!  I have a thing for strawberries, and the strawberry prints in this fabric are adorable!  I don't have a strawberry theme pillow in my ever-growing pillow cover collection, so I thought I better remedy that right away! ;)


When I finished sewing the pillow together, it just looked like summer! I especially love the fun bike print in the middle of the pillow! You could use any of the prints in her collection and fussy cut whatever part you like, to make it your own. 

I did add a touch of quilting to the pillow, just some easy straight lines!  I love quilting my pillow covers, it gives them an extra bit of dimension and structure!  If you haven't quilted your pillow covers before, you should give it a try and see how you like it! :) (PS that quilt in the wagon, is my mom's quilt- she made it from Tasha's previous line Country Girls!--Isn't it the cutest?)

Alright, what do you say? Let's make one together!
Fabric Requirements:
1 yard of swiss dots (for background and pillow backing)
1/4 yard of red (for border) 
18" pillow form

*Before we start, I like my pillow covers really snug on my pillow forms.  If you do not like them as snug, make your border strips a bit wider! 

Cutting:

From background:
4 - 5.5" squares (A)
1 - 6 1/4" square cut in quarters diagonally (B)

From Red Strawberry:
2 - 5 7/8" squares cut in half diagonally (E)

From Yellow Strawberry:
1 - 6 1/4" square cut in quarters diagonally (B)
2 - 1 3/4" x 3" strips (D)
2 - 1 3/4" x 5.5" strips (C)

From Bike Print:
1- 3" square (F)

From border print:
2 - 2.5" x 15.5" strips
2 - 2.5" x 19.5" strips 

Step 1:  Layout your block. I find it VERY helpful to layout this block right next to my sewing machine, so I know exactly where the pieces go!


Step 2: Make the center unit.  Take your F Square, and sew on the top and bottom D strips.  Press outward.  Then sew on your two C strips. Press


Step 3: Now you will make your star point units.  Take a B background triangle and a B Yellow Strawberry triangle and sew them together on the short side.  (Make sure you have the background piece on the left and the yellow on the right)  Then take your red E triangle and place right sides together and sew a 1/4" seam.  Make 4 of these units. 


Step 4: Now layout your block, and then sew together in rows and then sew the rows together.  Block should measure 15.5" unfinished. 


Step 5: Add your red border.  Take your 15.5" strips and sew to the top and bottom of your block.  Press, then add your 19.5" strip to the left and right sides. 





I had a lot of fun sewing up this pillow!  I would love to see your pillow if you make one! lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com   :)

Talk to you soon!




2 comments:

One Wee Bird said...

This is just too cute Lindsey! I will add this to my to do list 😆

Monica said...

Adding to my list and it will make and adorable Christmas pillow too! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...