Monday, June 8, 2015

Star Banner {Tutorial}

Hi there! I have been on a 4th of July decorating kick at my house!!  Yesterday I made this fun Star Banner.  I love banners....they are so easy to make and the sky is the limit with banners! I love making them for Holidays because they always add a little extra cuteness to my home for each holiday! 


For this banner, I wanted it to be sort of rustic and not perfect.  The raw edges of the fabric are a bit frayed and the stitching isn't perfect--but that's why I like it!  


Let me show you how I made it! 

Supplies: 

Fusible Web
Red Thread
Red Embroidery Floss (to string them together)

1.  You will need two circles and one star for each pennant.  (print off template--at the bottom of the post--or make your own)

 Line your star with fusible web. 



Step 2: Place the two circles together and with a zig zag stitch, stitch around the perimeter of your circle..I did this twice on each circle..just so it would stand out more! Like I said, it doesn't have to be perfect!


Step 3: Iron your star on and zig zag stitch around it to secure.

Step 4: String them together with six-ply embroidery floss. 


That's it! Super simple, but cute and festive! 

Talk to you soon,

Circle and star template (click to enlarge and print)

2 comments:

Missy Shay said...

How pretty, perfect for this season!

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

Super cute!!! The "imperfection" really does aid in the antique feel of it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...