Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Bundle Batch {Golden Days}


Hi there! I hope you all had a good week! We have a fun fall bundle to share with you today! Be sure to scroll down to see what I made using this week's Friday Bundle Batch:

Golden Days

This week's bundle is a precursor to Autumn with its orange & golden hues!  Light-hearted & oh so pretty!
You'll receive 1 Fat Quarter of each:
  1. Autumn Road Tiny Flowers Orange - Wilmington
  2. Autumn Hues Gold Diamond - Penny Rose
  3. Just Color Orange - Studio E
  4. Country Kitchen Gold Words & Script Tonal - Windham
  5. Autumn Road Tiny Flowers Cream - Wilmington
  6. Grunge Basics Pumpkin - Moda
  7. On the Road Again Dots Yellow - Wilmington
  8. Botanique Orange Circles - Riley Blake

When I saw this bundle, I immediately thought of fall leaves!  I am a huge fan of the traditional Maple Leaf quilt block - and when I saw this bundle - I knew that's what I was going to make - a bunch of pretty maple leaves! :) 

9 3/4" x 48" 

I enjoyed making all of these pretty maple leaves!  If you wanted an extra scrappy look - you could make each leaf with different fabrics.  You could also make this any size you want, if this is too skinny, you could do two rows of leaves and maybe only do 4 blocks per row.  This would make a nice sized table topper!  You could also make an entire quilt with this fun block!  Your options are endless! 


Let's get started!  You can make this entire runner with one fat quarter bundle and a little extra background fabric.  I used my leftovers to piece the back and I reserved one of the fat quarters for the binding!  If you wanted to make a bigger table runner or a topper - a half yard bundle would work wonderfully!

Supplies:
1 Golden Days FQ bundle
3/8 yard of background fabric


Cutting:

Reserve one fat quarter for binding!

From background:
5 - 3" x 3" squares (D)
10 - 3.5" x 3.5" squares (B)
10 - 2.5" x 2.5" squares (C)

From various prints: 
10 - 3.5" x 3.5" squares (A)
20 - 3" x 3" squares (D)
5 - 8" x 1.5" strips (E)
10 - 9" x 1.5" strips (F)
7 - 10" x 1.5" strips (G)















Now you are ready to baste, quilt, and bind with your preferred methods! :)


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial - and make one for yourself! :)

Talk to you soon,


2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this!!! Thank you for the fabulous tutorial too!

Mary said...

Enjoy your tutorials. Looking forward to some Fall sewing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...